Friday 6 September 2013

Intro to camera 1

Today I learnt how to use a Sony NX5 camera which are commonly used in a lot of shooting for music videos etc. as they are reasonably light and easy to use. I loved this lesson because it was 'hands on' straight away, and I have never experienced using a professional camera before.

It was reasonably easy and quick to learn how to use the camera as the class had only been in the room with one for an hour and a bit. I was taught how to set the camera up on a tripod, how to turn it on, how to focus/zoom the lens, how to change the brightness to make the lighting look more natural on screen and this was done through using two buttons: a 'white balance' button which made the lighting look more natural as it would do from the perspective of the eye, and secondly, a button which had like a 'sunglass' filter which helped alter the brightness.

My camera was connected and wired to a TV, so it was really cool being able to see what I was changing and playing around with on screen. We were told two objects to experiment on: one of a bird called 'Gary', this I could experiment zooming and focusing, and then the second object was a white sleeve in a circle shape, and this I could experiment with the brightness, the natural colouring etc by experimenting with the whiteness balance.

It was such a fun lesson as we shot and experimented in an actual studio, using professional cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment