Friday 12 September 2014

Pitching my Initial Concepts to the class

I presented my three initial ideas to my class on Tuesday on my blog, and briefly explained showing pictures and giving a quick explanation of what would happen in each video and whether they were performance, narrative or both, driven.  



My first Initial Idea was the 'Alt J - Fitzpleasure' song... This is some of the main points of criticism/ideas to think about for the video that I gained from my class:
  • May be hard to do the flashback idea/may be hard to demonstrate
  • Maybe do a video which simply has the gang running away in the streets of London from the police
  • I would have to seriously consider casting as it involves a lot of older, grungier looking men that can also give a decent performance of what I want them to convey 
Overall, from the classes feedback, this seemed to be the most popular/favorite idea.

My second Idea used the song 'Oliver Heldens X Becky Hill – GECKO'. This was the feedback I got back:
  • People liked it but think it was a bit cliche 
  • It may be hard to recreate the look of the club - organizing a huge amount of people to be in it
Lastly, my third idea used the song 'Miley Cyrus ft. Future - My Darlin'. This was the feedback:
  • Again, it followed the same idea as above of following the narrative of a young, loved up couple
  •  It may be hard to demonstrate their falling out throughout the video - may struggle trying to find situations and places to show their falling out
 My favorite ideas are the first and second. With the first idea, I think I could make the video simpler by taking the feedback of simply filming the gang running through the streets instead of worrying about the flashbacks as I think it might be complicated. From the feedback, the class said it would still be as interesting if I was to consider this change. 

For the second idea, I reckon with the help of the studio by making the spacing smaller I could still recreate the feel of a club. Instead of doing big shots of people dancing all the time, I could do shots where we see groups of friends sitting round tables and drinking etc so that less people would be needed, it would be less demanding and it would still look like a club. 

I think the first idea is most promising and the most visually interesting out of all the ideas. It feels different to what other people have seen plus I love the track. The next steps for me is to wait to be put into groups and then discuss with my group my idea and the changes I have considered to make and then see what they think of adapted idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment